Thursday, May 26, 2011

Orchestration addict...

Half-way through the composition...  Took this screenshot a few days ago..  it's already MUCH fuller... time to do mixing.


If it weren't for the myriad of other things going on right now I probably would have this done a lot sooner.  I've been aching to get back to some personal projects. 

I've started 2 new tracks, one completely orchestral, and one symphonic hip-hop for Redhawk.  On top of it all  I have bills and jury duty coming up that I need to take care of.  Should be interesting to say the least, as the Jury duty date is set for just around the same time I am supposed to start working on a film project. 

On a side note, while on a trip up north last weekend with my family, I managed to work more on one of my story projects. Perhaps I'll post a glimpse of it on here sometime. 

But, in the meantime: orchestration has a plethora of sub-jobs that one has to do.

It's taken me a while to find good complementary sonics with the composition to play nicely with the metal part of the song so they don't sound like two disparate parts just playing together.

Yes, the song is over 7 minutes and 18 seconds... and this is just one of four that I have to work on.  I think the composition is complete as of now, just needs to be mixed down.

A hundred and seventy-two Channels later, there's stuff to consolidate and stuff to add i'm sure.  All I can say is DAYUM!  Hopefully orchestration gets easier from this point out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep comments relevant to topic.