Thursday, October 28, 2010

On-track, which track?

As I write this I'm on-location at Belfab fabrication shop at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Las Vegas, shooting for a Pilot episode for this startup production company.  With 9 days into the production, lots of money invested that I should be getting reimbursed, we are nearing the final push to wrap up the project.  It's been a rough couple weeks and I only imagine it's going to get worse as our hours extend to stay up with the final touches and work being done on-location here. 

While I've been here I've written contracts, invoices, schedules, outlines, itineraries, scripting treatments, and various other miscellaneous research items for the producer.  I could share the horror story this whole thing has turned into, but I'll save that for after we're concluded!  I can promise some great insider learning experiences gained from this project when I have time to write. 

I also just got finished reviewing a treatment for a friend's documentary project as a consultation.  Things certainly have a way of clustering together to happen all at once.  I've also managed to start outlining the floorplans to the warehouse studio I help run back home, as well as some nice additions to my studio!  Finally on the ball.  When I return home I will get back to the various other projects like the indie film concept Redhawk Rising, and my involvement with Troy's indie film project.

I'd also like to mention BR and I have started refining a script and plot design for a tv series concept that shall for now remain confidential.  BR, if you're reading this, we should continue developing that ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep comments relevant to topic.