Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sample this!

Just yesterday I completed a "Crowd" recording session with quite an ambitious script.  Even though I only got a small crowd of maybe 6 people, I managed to get all the script necessities I wanted to cover for the Crowd noises and walla to fill in my mixes on the Hoopfighters mini-episodes.

Also on the table right now is the 2nd of 2 songs for Nova. Built 2 mixes for the first song (both Troy & I did our own).  After we finish this song it should be crunch time for Hoopfighters.

Lastly, the wedding footage I shot back in October with Michael Fowler - a very talented photographer, for his clients finally arrived in my possession to begin editing.

Not a whole lot of visuals on this post unfortunately, but lots on the table this last bit of the year.  I'll be taking some time to dive in depth on my sampling process next post because there's some cool things I'd like to discuss, and some questions and issues I've run into with my particular system for working at sample library creation (this being my first major foray  into the domain).  If anyone's got suggestions or tips or links they'd like to share on designing sounds for sample libraries, categorizing, workflows, and best practices; I'd greatly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep comments relevant to topic.