Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quickly Quixotic



I wasn't intending for a short hiatus on the blog but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything.  In the last few weeks I've been commissioned to do some graphics design work for two jobs.

The first is a T shirt logo design for the Turlock Geo club.  The design iteration was fairly simple, and the design itself is actually pretty straightforward: create a globe with a tree and a magnifying glass focused in on the geographical location of the club's hometown.


The idea is to have the graphic pressed over black shirt cloth.  So I rendered out previews with black background so the client could more accurately review.  With the final draft ready for t-shirt press I can start work on the larger, more creative project which is designing a custom graphic wrap for someone's MAME arcade project.  It's really cool actually.

Somewhere in between the graphics projects and getting all the stuff I'll discuss below going, I managed to have a couple recording sessions for a local artist.


I've got a few major studio projects I'm putting together.  The biggest is starting a sound effects and music cues catalog to market to Indie game developers and interactive media.  I'll start sharing some of that once we launch.  However, I did just recently purchase a brand new Zoom H4N to aid in some field recording tests and options.

Troy and I both have already done a few test sessions which I may have a quick video update coming soon!

Contact mics on my computer...
  
The Zoom is pretty solid and I also acquired some cheap and effective contact microphones!  Should make some interesting tests in the coming days.


Between that and the larger order I placed with Sweetwater which should be arriving soon: Universal Audio 4-710d and Art Headamp7pro; We're getting ready to do some serious sound effects field recordings.  I've been putting together session plans and diagrams for it all.

On top of that, we just started our website which we launched this week:


Just barely getting my hands dirty with Wordpress and PHP management in Dreamweaver.  To top it all off, the last week I've been collecting movies and footage for a video editing project I have been commissioned to create for this martial arts event in Los Gatos on the 28th of April.  I'm required to build 1 minute video reels of several major martial artists and big name actors that have an extensive and impress list of credits.

Among them: James Hong, Martin Kove, Cary Tagawa, Bolo Yeung, Jim Kelly, John Saxon, and Bob Wall.  There are going to be a TON more at this event, and I'm going to be running the projection system and managing all the video clips.  As I get more work done on these projects I'll post some updates.

Hopefully I can get these projects done fast enough to allow for some time to update this blog more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep comments relevant to topic.