Thursday, November 25, 2010

The boredome festive...

It's the holiday season.  Turkey day, the epicenter of family time and relations, good (if not enormous) meals, and lots and lots of alcohol (for everyone else).  We've all officially entered the hibernating mode where everyone gladly sits back and relaxes: watching movies, talking, sharing stories, jokes, or whatever competitive oral phenomena one can drum up.

In fact, I myself have been in story-mode.  This last week or so, while waiting to see where my finances stand as we enter the holiday rush for present purchasing and putting our bank accounts through the financial binge that inevitably comes, I've re-purposed one of my story concepts, and begun to write anew.

Today, actually - began with some creative re-arrangement of the storyline.  What was once the first chapter is now the prologue and the first chapter has pretty much written itself.  I must admit after recently seeing Harry Potter 7, and watching movies like How to Train Your Dragon, and various other fantasy movies coming out as of late; I've had ideas churning in my head for this story that have only cultivated in some great (in my opinion) characterizations and really allowed me to explore a more human element I know I've been lacking in my writing skills. 

The story as it unfolds in my head plays out like a movie I would be seeing on screen and just keeps driving me to want to create it however I can!  So, very soon (perhaps just after the holiday season is over) I will be doing some sketching, concept design, and the like for this story, which I will more than gladly post my progress of on here :).

I'ts been too long...  Until then, however - enjoy a happy thanksgiving, and may everyone enjoy their holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep comments relevant to topic.